24 August 2009

The Eye - my first mandala

I´m reading a book about "The Zen in creative painting" and the author suggests to paint a mandala to get a better connection to your deepest feelings. She suggests to draw whatever form comes to mind, circle, square, oval, triangle or whatever and fill it with colours that feel right, using only abstract images.
When it was finished I realized there was an "angry" eye staring at me. I had no intention to draw this. I was puzzled, but have to admit I was angry at somebody while drawing. Not sure about the eye, though. Will have to think about it a little more...

This was a very interesting project and besides being fun I think it really worked to bring me a bit closer to my inner feelings. Will try to do at least one mandala every other day and see where it takes me.

No comments: