02 January 2008

Happy New Year !

So here it is, the new year with lots of new hopes and dreams.
As some might have noticed I have been quiet for a few months. But now it is time to start again, being creative, getting back on track and create, create, create...

First thing I have to show this year is my Beaded Doll. The doll was created in a Round Robin and I was the lucky one who got her own doll back home first. She is a real beauty and this has been the best RR I participated in ever.
Leila´s front with a beautiful flower on her right shoulder. Unfortunately my digital camera is broken, so I can´t show that flower in detail now. It is attached with a pin, so it can be placed anywhere on Leila´s body.

Leila´s back with the gorgeous hair I would love to be able to do myself.
And this is how Leila looked when she started her journey to the USA, Australia and back again to Germany. My am I envious of all the great places she has been to.
The beading is mostly Peyote free form which is my favourite stitch. It is very easy to learn and gives so much freedom to work.

The other dolls are still travelling, but I will show them all as soon as they arrive home. So there will be lot´s of eye candy soon.

2 comments:

Diane Perin said...

Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous. I can't even imagine doing that amount of beading. Good to see you back on the blog!

gunnelsvensson said...

Beautiful! Welcome back Karin!