28 November 2006

TT Egypt and Red

Long time no posting due to some health problems. Back is hurting like mad and I am not able to stitch more than an hour or so a day. So I only finished two small pieces for Textile Tuesday.

First one is a small pyramid. I wanted to create something 3D so cut out 4 triangles from Pelmet Vilene and painted them with Lumiere. Then I layered them all on a piece of "Stitch and tear" to stabilize them and machine stitched with variagated thread and metallic thread. Then I folded all 4 triangles and handstitched the open part together.
13cm x 13cm x 10cm

Next is a small neckband made from yarn I found in my "leftover" bag. It is free form crochet and is done in one piece. Not sure if I am ever going to wear it, but it was real fun to create and easy to do, too.

4 comments:

sue b said...

Love the pyramid and the necklace is cool. Sorry to hear about your back troubles. Back pain is the worst.

Purple Missus said...

Karin, that pyramid is really good. You make it sound so easy! I love the colour as well. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Elle said...

The pyramid's great!

Dianne said...

Hi Karin, I love the pyramid - it looks great!!