31 July 2006

"Intruders" finished

--- INTRUDERS ---


Just did the last stitches on the little "Intruders" quiltlet. It is 30cm x 30cm (12x12 Inches) and I cut it to a square size. Like it better this way. Here is a detail.

It is the first time I chose 2 completely different Batiks and the more I look at it, the more I like it. Will try to free motion embroider/quilt a lot more on Batiks. Really enjoyed doing this piece.
----------------------------------------------------------
Ooops, I almost forgot to post a picture of this bag I made from leftover scraps of the "Hanabi".
It is also fused and I didn´t quilt/embroider it. I am curious how the edges will look after a few months time. Will they fray or not? The strap is done with yarn on the embellisher machine.


5 comments:

Elle said...

I love doing quiltlets. All the beauty of a big one without the size!

Beate Knappe said...

ich liebe die Farben der batiks

Sandra said...

Beautiful! I love the batik and the darker fabric together.

Sarah said...

Great choice with the batiks! Beautiful!

Deb Hardman said...

I Like it. I Like it A LOT. Very Nice.