19 April 2006

"Red Crossings" finished

Today I finished this small quilt (36cm x 36cm).
I´m not sure about the title for it. Right now it is "Red Crossings", but I will have to think about renaming it.
I really enjoyed doing this free motion quilting and I think this quilt is the first one of a series about crossings. Maybe this theme fascinates me right now cause I have the feeling that my life needs a new direction. I am at a crossing somehow and although I know which way to go, it is a strange feeling.
And the new direction is doing the City and Guilds course as soon as possible.
I´m sure this will be a lot of hard work, but I´m looking forward to it and hope it will be a challenge.
Thanks to all of you for encouraging me to do the course and for your info and help.

Just had a closer look at the photos and now I am sure the digital camera isn´t working correctly. Will have to get it fixed asap. On short distances with flash it works OK, but everything further away than 30cm gets blurry. I took some pics yesterday in our garden and it was a sunny day. All photos were blurry, no matter if it was close or far away. I think the autofocus isn´t working. Oh my, hopefully this thing can be repaired and we don´t have to buy a new one. Not sure, but I think it is less than 3 years old. Is it only my stuff that breaks so easily?

1 comment:

- said...

Love this piece! Your stitching is perfect. Great composition.