26 February 2006

Hate them - love them

Oh my - computers - I really wish I would be able to understand them.
Spend most of the weekend with this thing and all the problems around internet connection, new software, installing old software and what not.

But I also have something to show you today. I finished my first piece with the Happylock Embellisher and really like it.



I added some more beads (unfortunately a bit too small for the photo) and added a "frame" of yarn and then mounted it all on canvas. Not sure about the correct word here. I mean a piece of canvas already on a wooden frame. My dictionary gives me the word "subframe" for it. Maybe it´s best to take a picture. So here is the sideview.



The frame is 24cm x 30cm (9,5 x 11,5 inches) and the background is a piece of batic. I love the colors and will hang it in my room for sure.

The marriage quiltlet is still a paper only version. I found another shade of yellow for it friday, so hope to start on it next week. It is very difficult for me to find a special tone of fabric, as there is only one quilt shop nearby that has a good assortment of quilt fabric. But I was shocked when I saw friday, that they have only 2/3 of the fabric they had last time. Sure hope they only wait for new fabric to come in, cause without this shop I will be lost. There are 2 other shops that carry fabric, but their assortment is so small.

That is one reason why I can´t wait for my studio. Then I will be able to dye and paint to create just the right fabric for all my needs.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

very good it so nice to work whit the embelisher dont you think so

Karin said...

Yes, the embellisher is a lot of fun. Will try a picture completely done with felt next time. Have to buy the felting material first.